Mega Zorbe Hydrophobic Melamine Foam Peel-and-Stick | 32 Sqft
Absorbing noise that’s already in the cabin is the last step of any vehicle soundproofing project. Mega Zorbe is an aerospace grade, lightweight melamine foam with excellent physical properties, making it ideal for both sound and thermal insulation. We’ve enhanced our melamine foam through a proprietary treatment to make it hydrophobic and safe for use in vehicles. Our patented process penetrates the entire material to ensure long-lasting and consistent waterproofing. Because it’s an open cell foam, Mega Zorbe is perfect for absorbing those medium and high frequency noises in your vehicle.
- 0.5 inch thick hydrophobic melamine foam
- Lightweight, flexible, and water resistant
- Aerospace grade sound absorber and thermal insulator
- Each sheet is 24” x 48” (8 Sq Ft)
- Thermal range: -300 F to 350 F (-40 F if peel & stick version)
- Choose between standard sheets and included peel & stick backing
- Meets all aerospace, transportation, and architectural standards for fire, smoke, toxicity, and water resistance
- Made in Germany and treated in the USA
1 in stock
- Choose between standard Mega Zorbe, which can be applied with our Contact Spray Adhesive or Super Strong Double Sided Tape, and peel & stick Mega Zorbe that includes an adhesive backing.
- We do not recommend using this product in heat bays or near heat sources. For high heat applications, try Mega Block.
Recommended Install Locations
- Doors – outer door skin
- Roof – above the headliner
- Trunk – cover the lid
Mega Zorbe is commonly used in a variety of industries. Use cases range from energy companies to HVAC ducts to wall insulation for aircraft and other commercial transportation. Call us if you have questions about your specific need.
|UL 94 HF-1||Horizontal Burning||Pass|
|UL 94 V-0||Vertical Burning||Pass|
|FAR 25.853 (a, i)||60 Sec Vertical|| Burn Time (Avg): 0 Seconds
Burn Length (Avg): 2”
Drip Extinguish Time: No Drip
|FAR 25.856, BSS7365, AITM 2.0053||Radiant Panel|| After Flame: 0 Seconds
Flame Propagation: < 1”
|ASTM 662-83, BSS7238||Smoke Generation|| Flaming: Ds (1.5 min) = 57
Ds (4.0 min) = 77
|ASTM E 84||Steiner Tunnel, 1inch thick|| Flame Spread < 25
Smoke Developed < 50
|ASTM E 162-83||Surface Flammability|| Flame Spread factor 1.83
Heat Evolution factor 2.50
Flame Spread index 4.62
|DIN 5510|| Flammability: S4
ASTM E1050 testing method used to record acoustical absorption coefficients at various thicknesses and frequencies.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 24 in|