Damplifier Deadening Mats 20sqft
Damplifier mats were designed to outperform other popular sound deadening materials, while saving our customers money. With premium butyl rubber, a thicker foil constraint layer, and comparable overall thickness to other top brands’ flagship product, Damplifier premium rubber mats are the best value on the market. We’ve done the research. Deaden metal and kill structural vibrations, noise, and heat with the best value in sound deadening.
- High temperature butyl rubber adhesive – insist on more rubber and less filler!
- Ultra-thick, annealed black foil with a ghosted logo
- 1mm total thickness (40 mils)
- Each sheet is 12” x 24” (2 sq ft) and weighs about 0.35 lbs / sq ft
- Thermal range: -75 F to 450 F – will not melt, out gas, or fall off
- Deadens any sheet metal, aluminum, or prepared fiberglass
- Made in the USA
- Say NO to asphalt! Say NO to rolls of roofing materials! Insist on premium Second Skin products for your vehicle.
10 in stock
- We recommend wearing gloves while handling Damplifier. The edges are sharp due to the foil.
- While you can apply Damplifier with just your hands, you’ll make the job much easier by using a heavy duty hand roller.
Recommended Install Locations
- Doors – outer and inner door skin
- Floor – front firewall all the way back to the rear deck seat wall
- Firewall – cabin or engine side
- Trunk – floor, walls, lid, and spare tire area
- Roof – front windshield to back windshield
- Hood – entire lid
- Pillars – A, B, and C
- After upholstery or carpet is out, remove loose debris, rust, dirt, and waxy oils to insure a solid contact surface.
- Cut Damplifier to the desired size with a sharp utility knife. USE CAUTION as the foil edges are very sharp.
- Peel the wax paper liner from the back of Damplifier and adhere the tacky butyl side to the sheet metal. Slowly work the Damplifier Pro onto the panel with a hand roller, ensuring that there are no air pockets between the applications.
- You need a minimum of 25% coverage on the metal to deaden it, but we generally recommend at least 60% coverage to get 95% of the results. Many customers choose to cover 100% to also get the full benefits of Damplifier as a thermal insulator.
|Dimensions||12 × 24 in|